[digiKam-users] Sharing Collection Database

Nick Cross digikam at goots.org
Wed Jul 29 16:47:53 BST 2020

Hi,

I have my collection on my Linux machine that is synced via cloud storage to my
windows machine. I was wondering if there is any way of 'sharing' the database -
but given the problem that the base paths are different (even if the paths
_within_ the collection are not) I can't see an obvious method.

For instance - I have on Linux

/home/rnc/Insync/name1/Pictures
/home/rnc/Insync/name2/Pictures
/home/rnc/Insync/name2/Photographs

On Windows these appear as

D:\name1\Photographs
D:\name2\Pictures
D:\name2\Pictures

The problem is obviously the base paths are different. Adding them as different
removable collections means I get 'duplicates' within the digikam interface.

Is there any solution to this ( or an existing bug to vote upon ) ?

Alternatively, what exactly is stored within the database i.e. is it - album
locations, tags and labels? What does similarity.db and recognition.db contain?  I
was wondering if it might be feasible to have 'database-win' and 'database-linux'
depending upon the amount of information recorded within it?

Thanks

Nick