[digiKam-users] Properties of grouped images (7.0.0)

Olli Lupton digikam.2759cfa7 at olupton.com
Sun Jul 26 15:02:50 BST 2020

Hello,

First of all, thanks/congrats to the developers for getting 7.0.0.
out! Looking forward to trying all the new features.

One thing that's confusing me is the "Properties" tab on the right
when browsing through an album of grouped images (JPG + RAW are in the
same directory, and I use [Right Click] -> Group -> Group Selected by
Filename) now just shows some basic statistics of the group, e.g.

Selection Properties
  Count: 2
  Size: 32.0 MiB
  Total Count: 229
  Total Size 3.1 GiB

If I ungroup the images then the JPG and RAW separately have a lot
more information (File Properties, Item Properties, Photograph
Properties headings -- each with useful data underneath them). In
6.4.0 then the grouped images showed this information too (I think it
showed the information for the "top" image) -- is there some way I can
recover this behaviour in 7.0.0? I looked through the Preferences but
didn't find anything.

I am using the macOS bundle on macOS Catalina.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers, Olli