[digiKam-users] Unable to upgrade to the Latest Digikam 7.0.0 version

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jul 24 17:55:51 BST 2020

On vendredi 24 juillet 2020 13:43:06 CEST Ramnarayan.K wrote:
> Hi
>
> Am on Linux Mint 19 based on Ubuntu Bionic .
>
> My current Digikam version is 5.6.0
>
> I cannot find any way to upgrade to the latest version 7.0.0. It does not
> show up in the repos, nor are there any official ppa's
>
> Advice please
>
> thanks
> Ram
Advice: be patient :)

The release date given by the development team is for the source code, not for
repositories.
Such repositories are maintained by third parties, and the Digikam developers
have no relation with them, and no influence on when they will pick up the new
version. So packaging for your distro usually takes some time (from days to
weeks, depending on the distribution/packager).

In the mean time, you could try to grab the appimage or flatpak. Those are
(afaik) prepared and maintained by the digikam developers.

Remco