[digiKam-users] Tags management

Cesar Inacio Martins cesar.inacio.martins at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 17:11:07 BST 2020

Hi jdd,

As far I noticed, when we save the structure of tags into a tree on DK and
save to the picture file, the tags remain as unique *keywords* and as
complement other properties save the tree structure :

Using the exiftool to check, here, using the DK Tag manager, I was moved
the "3a etapa" into "bicicleta" tag and select the tags "brasil" and "sao
paulo" which was configured into a tree before.
At least the keywords, they still unique.
I only don't understand why "bicicleta/3a etapa" is different from "brasil
/ sao paulo" , the " / " vs "/"

Tags List         : bike, piedade,  brasil ,  bicicleta/3a etapa, ravelli,
 brasil / sao paulo , 2015
Last Keyword XMP  : bike, piedade,  brasil ,  bicicleta/3a etapa, ravelli,
 brasil / sao paulo , 2015
Keywords          : bike, piedade,  brasil , 3a etapa, ravelli,  sao paulo
, 2015

As far I know, the "keywords" is mainly used by systems to get the tags.