[digiKam-users] Digikam under window$ or Linux?

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jul 17 14:14:04 BST 2020

On vendredi 17 juillet 2020 14:54:30 CEST Stephane Ascoet wrote:
> 17/07/2020  :
> > Which platform (Windows or Linux) will give digikam work better on?
>
> Hi, using GNU/Linux instead of a proprietary OS is one of the best thing
> you can do to improve the world and your own life. Technically it's 1000
> times superior to the m$ toy, especially to keep your data safe. And for
> liberty, it's the only way to have a very little hope of keeping this
> last one.

While all of that may be true, Linux can be harder to use for several reasons,
mostly related to fewer persons working on the different parts...

But both darktable and Digikam were originally made under Linux, and still
have parts that are less well implemented under MS-Windows.

Remco Vietor

P.S. A bit late in replying as I don't really like spending time on replying
to temporary email addresses (like OP's, who posted the same question in the
darktable list from a different email address)