[digiKam-users] Search for no captions

digikam at 911networks.com digikam at 911networks.com
Thu Jul 9 20:15:49 BST 2020

On Thu, 9 Jul 2020 14:49:51 -0400
ron.orenstein at rogers.com wrote:

> I have asked this e but did not get a reply, so Excuse me for
> asking again: Is it possible to search or filter on DigiKam (MAC OS
> version 7.0.0) for images with empty captions (in the same way one
> can filter for images without tags)?  Thanks!

Kind of. It can be done but it has to be setup first:

* Search tab > advanced search > reset (to make sure we start fresh
* At the top right: Options:  "None of these conditions are met"
* caption, comment, title > catption: e
* add search group
* click on OR to become AND
* "None of these conditions are met"
* title: e
* ok

Then you can save the search and select that saved search each time...

This assumes that all actual captions or title contain the letter E.
Very few words in English do not have the letter E (you can google for
the list).

--
sknahT

vyS