[digiKam-users] --> Tunning Face Recgnition

Rob Dueckman duke at dukey.org
Thu Jul 9 15:15:52 BST 2020

I have a question about retraining the faces database.

Does the retraining look at all tagged faces including manually added
faces, or just faces that have been detected and confirmed by the
Digikam face recognition routines?

I'm asking because I manually tag faces that really are not good to be
used for training (obscured, bad angles, etc) and it would be counter
productive to pollute the training data with this garbage data.

If all faces are used in training, maybe flagging manually added face
regions would be a good idea (or flagging auto-detected regions so it
works with old data coming forward).

Rob