[digiKam-users] Tags manage - performance

marcpalaus at hotmail.com marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 7 20:51:15 BST 2020

 From 6.4 to 7.0 is mostly bugfixes (some related to writing to the tag
tree), so I don't think you'll ruin anything by trying a beta version.
In any case, I've heard (somewhere in this mailing list) that the final
7.0 version will be released on the 10th of july.

So, what you say is quite weird. Usually what takes more times is
writing to the files, but writing the changes to the database is quite
fast. How many pictures are we talking about?

I also like to recreate my database from time to time. I just delete
digikam's database, and let it rebuild it from the metadata in the
pictures. It might take a few hours, but I do it every several months
and it's a way to be sure that your database<->metadata changes are
synchronized. So I am not really worried about losing the database.

El 7/7/20 a les 21:43, Cesar Inacio Martins ha escrit: