[digiKam-users] Digikam not showing non-image files in album view

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jul 5 16:54:57 BST 2020

On dimanche 5 juillet 2020 17:00:40 CEST Thomas D wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Thanks for the link. So this is a > 10 year old bug that causes unexpected
> data loss that is confirmed but not fixed?
Only one person (two with the duplicate report) felt it was important enough
to follow up on developer questions (not the original poster, nor any of the
20 or so support voters). That makes it *very* low priority...

> Having non-image files in an album is very common if you use Apple
> products. Because Apple often creates some sidecar files with various
> metadata in them. And you do NOT want to lose those files if you will edit
> the files later on an Apple product.
But if you remove the album *with all image files in it* you do NOT need those
sidecars anymore. And if you moved the image files out of the album prior to
deletion, you already most likely have lost the link between image file and
sidecar, again making the latter worthless. This is certainly the case for raw
files, which should not be written to (that's a good way to lose data as
well).

(...)
> I simply to not understand the resistance
> to helping users not lose stuff like that...

And this makes you sound like a troll...

Remco