[digiKam-users] why is batch convert to bw so extremely slow?

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 17:55:41 BST 2020

The cause is the set compression. The BQM has its own setting for compression,
see the "Save Images" tab. The default is 9, here with a 20MB PNG it takes
about 1 minute, at level 5 only 10 seconds. The compression settings are also
saved when you save a workflow.

The Multicore setting is in the "Behavior" tab.

Maik