[digiKam-users] Compose key not working in digikam when running as an appimage

Gerrit Holl gerrit.holl at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 23:26:59 GMT 2020

Hi,

On Sat, 1 Feb 2020 at 00:07, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> wrote:
> what do you mean by compose key exactly ? can you share a screenshot ?

I mean this one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compose_key

In KDE, I enable it like this:

https://userbase.kde.org/Tutorials/ComposeKey

it works in all applications, but not in digikam.

I can't think of a screenshot to share that shown anything.  I
configured my Menu key (on my keyboard) as an alias to the Compose key
(because I don't have a physical Compose key) following the KDE
Compose Key tutorial.  When I then press the Menu key, the next key
press is a "dead" key depending on the combination; <Menu> o a -> å,
<Menu> ' o -> ó, <Menu> s s -> ß, etc.

For some reason I don't know it doesn't work in digikam; I just get
oa, 'o, ss in the above examples (the key never becomes "dead" to
begin with).  I wonder if the appimage means it is somehow bypassing
the standard input methods configuration?

Hope that clarifies what I mean, sorry for the confusion.

Gerrit.