[digiKam-users] Thumbnails are in Progessive Graphics File (PGF)

Rafael Linux rafael.linux.user at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 10:59:17 GMT 2020

I didn't know about PGF and how Digikam stores image thumbnails, but after
reading about that format, I think it's a very , at the moment of writing
this post, that PGF choice was a wise choice. In fact, I can't understand
why this format was not adopted as the standard for web images by W3C, cause
it have even multiple resolution representation and progressive
transmission!!! I can't believe this format exist 20 years ago and is not
being used by most of GNU/GPL image manipulation software.

I expect this 2020 year finally AVIF (AV1 image format) will give us a final
version to have a perfect format to store images.