[digiKam-users] moving albums

frederic chaume frederic.chaume at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 09:17:15 GMT 2020

Hi All

just wanted to reorganize my picture's folders tree. In other words , I
would like to add an intermediate subtree to the path of my collections.
So the collections and their contents  will remain the same but the path
will be point to a different place..

I made a test with a small one:

- under windows , I moved the folder of the collection to another place,
then the collection disappeared from the album list (normal)

- I recreated the collection from digikam settings,  pointing to the new
path

- I had to restart DK to see it again in the album view (is it normal?)

- that's all , everythings seems ok (label, gootagging,... still present
in JPEG, RAW)

seems easy but before moving all , I would liket to be sure I will not
lost anything , or maybe there is another way to proceed ?

thanks in advance

regards

Frederic