[digiKam-users] Album refresh

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at burnicki.net
Wed Jan 15 11:56:00 GMT 2020

Stuart T Rogers wrote:
> I have done this loads of times with no adverse effect on Linux and V6
> of Digikam.

So did I, without problems.

It was the first time I observed it, with a smartphone connection over
USB which was pretty slow.

> I suspect what happened was Digikam was looking for changes
> while you were copying.

Yes, that's what I tried to says in my assumption. Looks like it started
doing so before copying was complete.

> I've always had to refresh Digikam after
> creating a new directory and/or copying images.

Then maybe you have disabled the automatic update in the DK settings?

This used to work fine for me, too. E.g., if I just moved an existing
folder into the DK album tree then DK detected the folder and images
automatically, without problems.

Martin