[digiKam-users] Album refresh

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 07:10:36 GMT 2020

Under MacOS it slows down the start of digiKam network collections (around 20
minutes was reported). Adding a watch uses kernel resources. Some systems end
with 256 albums, but with a modern Linux kernel the end is reached above 10-30
thousand albums. A monitored folder is locked under Windows, cannot be deleted
or moved, and removable disks cannot be unmounted. So it is not really useful
/ possible to monitor all albums in large collections. Maybe we make it
configurable to set a few albums, digiKam no longer needs the album monitoring
internally. If you add files with drag & drop or via copy / paste, digiKam
will of course update the view.

Maik