[digiKam-users] Benefits or drawbacks from JPG to HEIF conversion

Pat David patdavid at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 19:24:51 GMT 2020

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't convert (unless you really, really had to
for some reason).
In saving space, you will be losing quality (the same way you would if you
re-compressed it as a new JPG again).
As you've seen, lossless conversion will make the file sizes larger (to be
expected).

--
https://patdavid.net
GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC