[digiKam-users] Database tables error message -- won't go away!

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 07:21:49 GMT 2020

Le jeu. 9 janv. 2020 à 03:02, Arg <tnargs at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi all, I really need a bit of help please!
>
> I was happily using digiKam through 2018 and early 2019, as a user with
> limited computer and no software skills. But….
>
> Whenever I start digiKam since about April 2019, I get an error message,
> “Error message: Failed to create tables in database”. You can see what it
> looks like on my MacOS here: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/63414517
>
> I have tried a few things:
> -delete and re-install digiKam
> -deleting digikamrc config file
> -deleting my digikam4.db database file (after saving a renamed copy), and
> it made no difference. In fact, when I started digiKam after 'hiding' the
> old database, it immediately showed exactly the same error message, even
> though there was no database at that moment other than its own blank
> creation.
>
> The 'creating tables' error statement still appears.
>
> I am using Mojave 10.14 on MacOS. I want to wait a bit longer before
> installing 10.15 Catalina.

yes, and delay Catalina migration. It have never been tested yet. digiKAm
under MacOS is compiled under Mojave for the moment.

> I am not really seeing any dysfunction on DigiKam, after the error message
> appears and I have clicked the OK button. But it sure suggests that
> something is wrong with my database! So I don’t want to ignore it.

Please follow instruction here to run digiKAm from a Terminal, and post all
debug statements here :

https://www.digikam.org/contribute/

Important :
- which digiKam version do you use exactly ?
- which digiKam database do you use ? sqlite, mysql ?
- The database is stored in local drive, removable, network ?

Best