[digiKam-users] Do HEIC files have embedded video?

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 20:28:44 GMT 2020

Hello,I get HEIC files from some of the phones in our household. If I open them on the phone they look like they have a short video embedded in them. Digikam however shows them as still images.I am wondering whether it happens because digiKam does not support the format fully or I missed something while transferring the files from the phone. The size of the files is pretty small though.I wonder if anyone in this room have dealt with this file standard. I have a Windows 10 and a Linux machine. Nothing but digiKam can open HEIC on either one of them.Thanks,AndreySent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.