[digiKam-users] Using face recognition

woenx marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 6 00:36:36 GMT 2020

Let's see,

Uwe Haider wrote
> - the tag structure for face tagging is persons/name. Is it possible to
> make a step between in this structure like person/family/name or
> person/friends/name? Is DK able to handle this?

Yes, it should be possible. I use a similar tag tree and it works just fine.

Uwe Haider wrote
> - some name tags are named with wrong spelling. I can correct this in
> attributes. But how can I merge the corrected tag with a corresponding
> tag without spelling error? I can*t change the attribute when the tag
> with the correct spelling exits....

You can simply drag and drop the wrong name over the correct one, and you
can merge the two tags.

Uwe Haider wrote
> - A couple of faces are wrong tagged in my collection. What is the best
> way to correct this? Do I have to change all by hand? Or can I re-search
> this faces somehow?

Probably by hand. Just click on the name over the face, and write the
correct person. I don't think it can be done in groups.

Uwe Haider wrote
> - All the wrong tagged faces mess up my faces-db. So every new search
> and detection must be controlled and verified. Is there a way to build
> the faces db new after correcting all wrong face tags? Perhaps mmove the
> wrong tagged faces to unknown and try again to recognize them?

I would just delete the faces from the pictures where they do not belong and
try and run the face recognizer again. Or correct them manually if there is
not a lot of them.

Uwe Haider wrote
> I use DK 6.3.0 on Gentoo
> KDE Frameworks 5.64.0
> Qt 5.13.2 (kompiliert gegen 5.13.2)
> Das xcb Fenstersystem

I would try to use a newer version of digikam. The 7.0.0 beta has introduced
some improvements related to face recognition, so it may make things easier
for you.

Anyway, happy new year!