[digiKam-users] Using face recognition

Dougie Nisbet dougie at katsura.uk
Sun Jan 5 14:13:46 GMT 2020

On 05/01/2020 13:03, Uwe Haider wrote:
> - the tag structure for face tagging is persons/name. Is it possible to
> make a step between in this structure like person/family/name or
> person/friends/name? Is DK able to handle this?

I'm not sure if this answers your question but I think you can make
*any* tag a face tag, as long as you specify its full tagname if it's
not part of your default 'people' hierarchy.

For example, I have the following tag for one of my cats:

     Taxa/Animalia/Chordata/Mammalia/Carnivora/Felidae/Felis/Felis
silvestris (domestic cat)/Felis silvestris (domestic cat) 'Mr Mittens'

and I can allocate him to a face as long as I provide:

     Felis silvestris (domestic cat) 'Mr Mittens'

as the tag name.

Hopefully someone will correct me if I've misunderstood. I tried this
after reading

     "Ensure that the given tag is a person tag. If not, it will be
converted. Optionally, pass the full name. (tag name is not changed)"

from

     https://www.digikam.org/api/classDigikam_1_1FaceTags.html

and it seems to work fine.

Dougie