[digiKam-users] Question on multi user environment

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at burnicki.net
Tue Feb 25 12:05:54 GMT 2020

jdd at dodin.org wrote:
> Le 25/02/2020 à 10:06, sse450 a écrit :
>
>> Is there a way to achieve this? Or what is the best practice to access
>> the same pictures through the comfort of digikam (tags, search etc.)
>> using multi PCs?
>>

> I'm not sure and not familiar with DK under windows (I use openSUSE Linux)
>
> but I guess the solution may be to have the same path to images and
> database everywhere. This can probably be done in linux with links, on
> Windows I don't know how

At least since Windows 7 there is a mklink command, try 'mklink -?' in a
command line window (cmd.exe).

I have tried this once, some time ago, for a different application, and
it worked as expected. However, I've not tried this with DK on Windows
because I usually work under openSUSE Linux, too.

Martin