[digiKam-users] Thank you for creating, maintaining and enhancing digiKam

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 09:18:48 GMT 2020

No. weekly build still exists in all cases.

The store publications are only for stable releases only.

For the M$ store, we MUST compile digiKam under MSVC. We cannot
publish binary cross compiled as it done today under Linux. Also the
tool to build UWP package for Windows platforms exist only under
Windows with MSVC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Windows_Platform

I see one advantage to build under MSVC : code consolidation
everywhere. this compiler report errors and warnings that G++ or Clang
never report.

Else compiling under windows is complex and slowwww...

Gilles