[digiKam-users] Thank you for creating, maintaining and enhancing digiKam

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 08:37:16 GMT 2020

Thanks to all for your feedbacks...

Just few words to details a plan for the future deployment.

* Under Windows, we enable, hack, and try tp finalize the Microsoft
Visual C++ support. All the code already compile in the continuous
integration :

https://build.kde.org/view/OS%20-%20Windows/job/Extragear/job/digikam/job/kf5-qt5%20WindowsMSVCQt5.14/

This stage is mandatory to be able to publish digiKam in the Windows
Store as an official package !

The second stage is have the binary factory working fine to compile
the package. For the moment it do not work, but we working on.

https://binary-factory.kde.org/view/Windows%2064-bit/job/Digikam_Nightly_win64/

KDE has a generic windows Store account that we will use later to post
official stable release. I hope to see the final 7.0.0 published on
store.

* Recently, Apple open the MacOS store to a free of charge for
organizations. So we can plan a similar publication of digiKam in this
store later.

https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=02032020a

My Best

Gilles Caulier