[digiKam-users] photo editor messed up on double monitor HiDPI in Kubuntu 19.10, digikam 6.4.0

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 04:53:32 GMT 2020

Le mar. 11 févr. 2020 à 00:34, Gerrit Holl <gerrit.holl at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> On Tue, 11 Feb 2020 at 00:27, Gerrit Holl <gerrit.holl at gmail.com> wrote:
> > [snip]
>
> A bit more information, some excerpts from the console log; perhaps
> the "screen 0" message is relevant?

No...

> unknown: Numeric mode unsupported in the posix collation implementation
> unknown: Ignoring punctuation unsupported in the posix collation implementation
> [last 2 messages repeated many times]

These message come from the AppImage locale engine which use Posix
method instead ICU due to a problem with ICU embedding
in the bundle.

> Digikam::TileGrouper::updateClusters: "level 5: 0 non empty tiles
> sorted into 0 clusters (0 searched)"
> Digikam::IccSettings::Private::profileFromWindowSystem: No X.org XICC
> profile installed for screen  0

No color profile is installed on the screen 0 from your X11 server.
It's for color to render in screen, not the size properties.

> Digikam::DMetadata::getIccProfile: Exif color-space tag is sRGB. Using
> default sRGB ICC profile.

To render image on screen, we trying to get color profile from image.
If we cannot, we will use sRGB as default..

Best

Giles Caulier