[digiKam-users] Non-automatic view refresh, high resolution display

Tom Cunningham TWCunningham627 at outlook.com
Sun Feb 2 16:09:50 GMT 2020

I must have missed the memo about having to explicitly refresh the preview
pane when something changes outside of digiKam.  In other words, if I delete
a photo outside of digiKam and the photo is currently displayed in the
preview pane, I have to manually refresh the view in order for the file to
disappear from digiKam.  I'm guessing this behavior is by design, but is
there any way to get the old behavior back?  My problem is that the refresh
often doesn't work; I have to restart digiKam in order for the changes to be
reflected accurately.  This is all on Windows 10 running digiKam 7.0.0, but
I also saw it in immediately prior versions.  Also, is there any way to get
digiKam to display faithfully on a 3840x2160 screen?  I have to do a system
workaround to get digiKam to display normally on this higher resolution
unit.