[digiKam-users] Compose key not working in digikam when running as an appimage

Vlado Plaga rechner at vlado-do.de
Sun Feb 2 20:15:39 GMT 2020

Hi all,

this is a problem I can reproduce, with Digikam 6.4 from an AppImage
under Debian 10.

I noticed another problem, by the way: missing icons e.g. in the
"Albums" tree.

Gerrit, you could try another AppImage to see if the broken compose key
is more a general AppImage problem, or actually a digiKam problem. Only
in the latter case I'd suggest filing a bug ticket for digiKam.

I'm not a big fan of AppImages, and I no longer really need to be
running the latest digiKam (or latest anything for that matter) all the
time. It's only because of my network setup, and my Arch laptop having
updated to the latest digiKam, that I thought I'd better also update
digiKam on the other computer...

So, Gerrit, if you require recent digiKam, and the compose key, but
don't mind trying a new distro... go for Archlinux!

Best,

Vlado