[digiKam-users] Lightroom like "Publish Service"?

allan marcus allan at marcusfamily.info
Sun Aug 16 17:00:13 BST 2020

Hello,

I’m in the process of finally migrating away from Apple Aperture. I’ve narrowed my choices down to Lightroom or DigiKam. If I use DigiKam, I will likely switch to Ubuntu and finally give on on the Mac (been using it since 1985!).

One feature I’m pretty sure I need is Lightroom “publish service” feature. Here’s what I will use it for, and you can tell me how I might achieve the same results in DigiKam.

I have all my images and videos in folders, each with some event (birthday party, vacation photo, etc.). The structure looks like this:

2001
- 2001-01-05 Joe’s Birthday
- 2001-05 San Diego Trip
— 2001-05-07 Zoo
— 2001-05-08 Beach
2002
- 2002-01-05 Joe’s birthday dinner

An so on. In each album I’ve rated the images and videos. The publish service in Lightroom would be to export all the edited versions, convert the images to JPEG (many are raw), and recreate the same folder hierarchy as the albums. Only modified images are exported when the Lightroom "Publish” button is clicked (effectively an incremental export). I then use this on-disk folder structure on One Drive, my own Plex server, and other places.

Is there a way to export the entire library, 3 stars or better, mirroring the folder structure, only exporting the images that have changed since the last export? Or a way to achieve the same results?

Thanks,

Allan