[digiKam-users] Installation on Win 10 - problem solved

admin at designoutcrime.org admin at designoutcrime.org
Sat Aug 15 09:27:25 BST 2020

Hi Gilles,

I found the problem and a solution.

The problem appears to be a failure of the DigiKam Windows installer files.

None of the Windows installer files I tried worked.

The problems is possibly related to recent changes (Tues 11 Aug)  to Win 10 Pro Defender that also block other programs such as Citrix.

However, I overwrote the files in the  /Program Files/DigiKam/ directory using the file tree from the DigiKam Win64 tar.gz  file and the program started correctly.

Regards and thanks,
Terence