[digiKam-users] Hide albums, filters etc.

Rob Dueckman duke at dukey.org
Wed Aug 12 15:56:22 BST 2020

I think that hidden items is a good idea myself.

Creating searches just to hide folders you don't care about dealing
this at this time seems a bit time consuming when you're trying to get
something done.  While it could be used to hide "private" photos, it
seems like it might be a really cool idea to virtually shrink the
working set of photos you're dealing with.  Imagine if face detection
would skip hidden folders/photos.  It would be great way to reduce the
time required for this task if you could just omit "uncle Bill's photo
archive you just inherited" from your current working set without
removing it totally from Digikam.    I imagine every tool that operates
would have to understand what a hidden flag is, and it would take a lot
of work, but I think it would be a powerful feature.