[digiKam-users] Linux DK 7 and Lightroom

digikam at 911networks.com digikam at 911networks.com
Mon Aug 10 01:42:19 BST 2020

I have DK7 appimage on a Manjaro box. I have about 50000 images. I'd
like to share about between 20000 and 25000 images with my daughter.
But I want to keep my descriptions, captions, tags, ratings...

She uses Lightroom on a Windows 10 laptop (included in the work
laptop).

Is there a way of getting Digikam to write XMP sidecars, following
the ISO standard to have:

img0123.cr2 and the sidecar would be img0123.xmp

Using DK is not much of an option. The laptop is provided by work and
is fairly tight. To install DK would need a permission from IT.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

--
sknahT