[digiKam-users] core database in different location

Jasper Knockaert jasper at knockaert.nl
Wed Aug 5 19:22:29 BST 2020

Hi,

 From my understanding of the database setup, only the core database
should be backed up, as the other databases can be regenerated.

I was wondering if there is a way to store the core database in a
location different from the other databases. That would allow to sync it
to a webfolder. Provided that the core database is much smaller in size
compared to the other databases, I would ideally want the other files
not to be synced. I've trying to use a symlink approach (with in the
database folder a symlink to the core database which is stored in
another folder), but digiKam seems not to like that. Any suggestion?

Best regards

Jasper