[digiKam-users] Cannot start recent appimage on Manjaro

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 10:21:56 BST 2020

Hi,

For security reasons, we switch from QtWebKit to QtWebEngine to render
HTML contents. Webkit qt framework is no supported officially by Qt
company since a while. We need to use WebEngine (Chromium) framework
instead.

The Chromium stuff require OpenGL this is why you seen this kind of
error on your system, even if we disable openGL support everywhere in
QtWebEngine. I suspect that some part still try to use OpenGL even if
it's disabled.

This is not a simple issue, not dependant of digiKam. QtWebEngine is a
monster, take few hours to be compiled here, and complex to tune in
client application.

Best

Gilles Caulier