[digiKam-users] User script in Batch Queue Manager

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 18:52:22 BST 2020

Hi Dmitri,

For your example it would be right:

 jpeg-recompress -quality high $INPUT $OUTPUT

The peculiarity of the script is that it is assumed that a new target file
($OUTPUT) is always created. Should e.g. only metadata on the original image
are changed, you have to add a copy process yourself in the script. So
depending on the operating system:

 cp $INPUT $OUTPUT

Then only the $OUTPUT file can be changed using a shell command.
Whether the new file then overwrites the original file or is created as a new
one with a different name depends on the settings in BQM.

Maik