[digiKam-users] Beginner question

Ronald Orenstein ron.orenstein at rogers.com
Tue Apr 21 17:16:06 BST 2020

Thanks to all who have sent me answers - I hadn't seen the and/or tag.
Ronald Orenstein
1825 Shady Creek Court
Mississauga, ON L5L 3W2
Canada
ronorenstein.blogspot.com
ronorensteinwriter.blogspot.com

    On Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 11:46:13 a.m. EDT, woenx <marcpalaus at hotmail.com> wrote:

 Hi Ronald,

Regarding question #1, I think digikam cannot operate if the files are not
present at that moment. Even if it stores the thumbnails in a database, if
files are not accessible it will hide them (and then try to re-scan them
next time they are available).

No idea about transferring the file adjustments from Aperture. Where is that
data stored? In what format?

Regarding the last thing, yes, you can do complex searches using the filter
panel on the right side of the interface. Go to Filters, select the tag you
want, right click, "Must have this tag" or "Must not have this tag". You can
switch from AND to OR using the little button at the bottom right of that
list. Combine that with geolocation, and using a photo selection from the
search panel, and it's quite powerful. I don't think it's currently possible
o manually enter a SQL-like query, though.