[digiKam-users] Network Library too slow and not reconnect

woenx marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 21 16:36:30 BST 2020

Hi again Alex,

the ping values for your macbook seem to include the decimal point, so
2.055ms in your macbook would be equivalent to 2ms in your samsung. In
English they use the point as a decimal separator, although it is confusing
because other languages like Portuguese or Spanish use a comma, and in
computers sometimes they mix the two. In any case, I think the ping latency
in both computers are normal. The problem must be somewhere else.

The times for scanning your library in your Samsung computer are normal,
it's more or less what it took me to scan the library for the first time.
The computer basically needs to transfer all files one by one and read their
contents. When I have to reinstall digikam in a new computer, I just leave
it scanning for a whole day. Thankfully, subsequent starts will be much
faster since the scan only searches new pictures or pictures that have
changed. If you have the opportunity, I'd do the first scan using Ethernet.

So, maybe the problem is specific to the MacOS version of digikam? In linux
and windows there are ways to launch digikam and see the output in a
console, so problems are easier to detect. I don't have an Apple computer at
hand, so I can't try for myself.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is this a bug?