[digiKam-users] Network Library too slow and not reconnect

Alex Antão alex at familiaturista.com.br
Mon Apr 6 23:14:46 BST 2020

Hi all,

  I have a NAS which stores all my photos. Configured digikam to it in the Network Drive category.

  My connection is not Slow, My network is all 1 Gigabit and my current wifi connection is about 450Mbps

  Digikam takes about half an hour to load. When it loads, it stays on searching for new items for a long, long time. Running on macOS Catalina.

  I think it should be a lot faster than that.

  Also, if the network drive is disconnect at some point, or I start Digikam with network drive not mounted, Digikam starts really fast, only showing the items of the library but not making any changes to the real files. If I reconnect the drive, Digikam does not recognise it and continue working "off-line".

Whay do I have an option to catalog a Library as a network drive if it does not have any changes as a normal and local library ????

   Is it a bug ? Is there a way to workaround ?

Thanks..