[digiKam-users] Searching by geographical area

Dougie Nisbet dougie at katsura.uk
Thu Apr 2 12:23:34 BST 2020

Is it possible to do a geographical search on my entire collection?

I've tried a couple of avenues. Going into the Edit Geolocation menu and
finding the area of interest. However that is not very productive. I can
search on, e.g., a town, and any images that were currently highlighted
are included, but they're then scattered and not collated usefully.

I've also tried looking at the Advanced Search options. Under the
geographic section it lists Altitude, but nothing about latitude or
longitude.

Ideally what I'd like to do is to zoom in on a map area and get a list
of all my photos that were taken in that area. Is that possible?

Dougie