[digiKam-users] google photos upload broken?

Peter Teuben teuben at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 17:11:36 BST 2020

all

My album uploads to google photos has stopped working some week(s) ago.
The new OAUTH2 method had been working fine for me the past year or so,
but now it's dead again. It will properly read the albums, though there
is a message

unknown: reply error: QNetworkReply::NoError - "Unknown error"
unknown: parseResponseListAlbums
unknown: list albums

after each album. But the albums do appear in the selection box where to
upload to. Then when you select the photos, it  happily seems to process
the file(s), until I see this:

Digikam::MetaEngine::save: Metadata for file "DSC_8127.jpg" written to file.
unknown: reply error: QNetworkReply::NoError - "Unknown error"
unknown: parseResponseAddPhoto
unknown: response "CA .........."                        (long string)
unknown: In slotAddPhotoSucceeded 1
unknown: in upload nextphoto 0
unknown: reply error: QNetworkReply::ProtocolInvalidOperationError -
"Error transferring
https://photoslibrary.googleapis.com/v1/mediaItems:batchCreate - server
replied: Bad Request"

I've also tried digikam7 (beta), but same error message.   I've tried it
by removing the ~/.config/digikam_oauthrc file and revoking permission
on the google end, and retracing all steps. Same error.

  I tried the very latest beta for Kubuntu20.04, which comes with
digikam 6.4, and same story. I've been using Kubuntu18.04 for my normal
digikam work.

If nobody else has this problem, something else I must have missed in
all of this, and I'll experiment around, but I'm out of ideas right now.

btw, flickr uploads work fine. So it's just google for me.

- peter