[digiKam-users] Deleted database. Now what?

bingbonglong digikam at longandrew.co.uk
Mon Sep 30 16:46:08 BST 2019

Hi everyone

I had a Digikam 6.2.0 installed on my Windows PC.
I accidentally deleted the database file (it was on a network share so it's
not in the recycle bin).
Digikam can't find the database file (of course) but says it will start
without it and be non functional.
However, it gets stuck on the splash screen and never goes any further, so I
can't create a new database file.
I decided to uninstall and reinstall Digikam in the hope that it would allow
me to create a new database file.
When reinstalling I noticed that 6.3.0 was available so I installed that
instead of 6.2.0.
On starting 6.3.0 it STILL looks for the missing database file.
How do I stop it looking for the missing database file and create a new one?

many thanks