[digiKam-users] Digikam .xcf saga

Rafael Linux rafael.linux.user at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 10:35:33 BST 2019

Gilles, if your sentence about XCF format is true, I'll not recommend GIMP
anymore. I can't understand how an open source application can create his
own closed format. Is a nonsense. Precisely, I run away always from
proprietary formats cause makes obsolete and unaccesible files when the
years go by.

Really, I left GIMP for Krita some years ago, cause Krita development is
faster and  developers (as Digkikam ones) have a very near feedback with
users. Krita format (.kra) is rendered without problems by Dolphin.