[digiKam-users] --> Digikam 6.3 unstable and DEBUG

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 14:32:55 BST 2019

Le jeu. 19 sept. 2019 à 21:41, Alex Antão <alex at familiaturista.com.br> a
écrit :

> Hi,
>

>  I just downloaded the last version of Digikam.
>  My library is huge, about 800Gb with more than 100.000 photos, and I am
> still organizing it, from a export of Photos Library to a External HD.

Hi,

This is a very huge collection. I never tested in this kind of
configuration. Yere my collection is about 200000 JPEG files but size is
around 300 Gb on a SSD drive.

Which kind of database do you use exactly ? where is stored this database ?

>  I don't know when exactly, but I'm felling digikam quite unstable. It
> crashes often. I am reorganizing the Library with some scripts I'm
> developing.
>  For example, I just opened it and it started scanning the changes I've
> done on the files, but when I click on my root Album, it crashes. But it
> does not if I left it untouched
>
>  I ordered it to generate Fingerprints and it crashes. But it does not if
> I select only one album to generate.
>
> I tried to open it from terminal to see if there are some error messages,
> but none was printed.

It's abnormal. Your linux system hide Qt debug spaces with a default
configuration. I already fixed this rule to under Centos. It just a text
file to change on the system. Which Linux system do you use exactly ?

Before to run digiKam set this env. variable :

export QT_LOGGING_RULES="*.debug=true"

> Is there a way to debug and see what's going on?

Yes, sure. With AppImage bundle, start digiKam with debug argument. It will
run digiKam in GDB.

If you don't use AppImage, just start digiKam in debugger as explained here
:

https://www.digikam.org/contribute/

Best