[digiKam-users] --> EXIF information on NEF and PNG

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 13:57:59 BST 2019

Have you tried exiftool? It has a python wrapper if that matters.Try running "exiftool -s -a -G1 FILE" on a random NEF file and see what it spits out.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Alex Antão <alex at familiaturista.com.br> Date: 2019-09-18  6:54 a.m.  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: Re: [digiKam-users] --> EXIF information on NEF and PNG Sorry, I think I didn't expressed myself properly.The NEF files do have (at least I hope) EXIF data, but it is not the conventional one, accessed by common libraries.I'm using python to classify then. Python has some libraries to read EXIF data from JPEG, but these libraries do not read EXIF from NEF.I tried to install py3exiv2 library on my Mac, but it is bery dificult, and didn't manage yet, and if I want to make a script everybody will be able to use, this is not the best solution.So, I'm still trying to find a way to open EXIF data from my NEF (taken not edited) with a easier way. Thanks.---- Ativado Qua, 18 set 2019 04:17:08 -0300 Nicolas Boulesteix <nico.boulesteix at gmail.com> escreveu ----Hi,I just ask for captured nx because it can open non raw file and save it as a nef file embedding original file and non destructive modification information in metadata.This way, if original file doesn't have exif info it could result in a nef file without creation date metadataLe mer. 18 sept. 2019 à 07:52, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> a écrit :Hi,NEF is a RAW container including Exif, Makernotes, and sometimes XMP metadata set by camera. This is true for all RAW files based on TIFF/EP standard, even if RAW format extend the tags list with proprietary values.In all cases whole Exif are there and mandatory to be post processed with a software as Capture NX. Demosaicing process need to know all shot conditions.BestGilles Caulier Le mer. 18 sept. 2019 à 07:35, Nicolas Boulesteix <nico.boulesteix at gmail.com> a écrit :Hi,I'm a bit surprised for the nef file which usually have exif data. Does those files come from a camera or are they created by a Nikon software like Capture Nx from another file format ?When you look at the whole metadata, is there some metadata that look like creation date or digitized date ? Le mar. 17 sept. 2019 à 22:07, Alex Antão <alex at familiaturista.com.br> a écrit :Hi,    I've just exported my huge library from Photos.    No I have 800Gb of photos on my external HD, moved a lot of then on albuns acording to those created in Photos. All OK.    But... I still have a lot of files on root Folder that were not included in any Album. I want to organize them the fast and easy way possible.    So, I created a Python script that:Takes the file's EXIT dataExtract Original Date from itCreate a directory structure like YEAR/MONTH/DAY (I can choose the level I want) and move the files inside that structure based on the EXIF taken before.     OK, these are working, but I also have a lot of files that are NEF or even PNG (i don't tested yet on MOV, or AVI). Those files does not have EXIF data.     How can I get Date information from then ? Is it possible ? Thanks....-- Nicolas Boulesteix - Chasseur de Lueurs - http://www.photonoxx.fr