[digiKam-users] --> EXIF information on NEF and PNG

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 06:51:44 BST 2019

Hi,

NEF is a RAW container including Exif, Makernotes, and sometimes XMP
metadata set by camera. This is true for all RAW files based on TIFF/EP
standard, even if RAW format extend the tags list with proprietary values.

In all cases whole Exif are there and mandatory to be post processed with a
software as Capture NX. Demosaicing process need to know all shot
conditions.

Best

Gilles Caulier