[digiKam-users] Geolocation: Using other OSM tiles

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Tue Sep 17 12:09:06 BST 2019

On mardi 17 septembre 2019 12:44:19 CEST Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If i remember, OSM tile manager come from in Marble project, not in digiKam
> as well. digiKam use Marble to display maps. I don't know if it can be
> customized easily.
>
> https://marble.kde.org/
>
> Gilles Caulier

Digikam seems to limit the selection to two of the available maps from Marble
(not illogical, as the others aren't really suitable for orientation/
localistaion): the atlas map and the "standard" OpenStreetMap. For me, the
"atlas" map isn't sufficiently detailed for geolocating an image, so I never
use it.

While the standalone Marble allows download and local install of extra map
packs, I'm not sure Digikam would allow the use of such added on maps.

Remco