[digiKam-users] --> Import from iPhone 7 into MacOSX

Alex Antão alex at familiaturista.com.br
Wed Sep 4 17:40:38 BST 2019

The problem is that on MacOSX the phone is not mounted. There's no folder DCIM i can access to copy the files. I think it's PTP the protocol.

I'd like something just like Photos, that recognizes my phone as soon as it's plugged, shows the photos I did not transfer yet and ignore the ones I've transfered. Jus like the import dialog that digiKam has does, but is not doing with my iPhone 7.

regards

---- Ativado Qua, 04 set 2019 13:22:11 -0300 Remco Viëtor <mailto:remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr> escreveu ----

On mercredi 4 septembre 2019 15:39:02 CEST Alex Antão wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I'm running MacOSX High Sierra.
>
>   I want to start using digiKam and stop using Photos.
>
>   But.... when I plug my iPhone to my MacBook Pro, digiKam does not
> recognize. Of course I can import to Photos, but digikam does not see it.
>
>   I tried to add iPhone PTP generic, iPhone 5, iPad Air.... generic PTP
> camera... nothing works...
>
>   How can I transfer my iPhone Photos to it ?

If you can transfer the images to a directory on your MacBook, you have two
- transfer the images directly into a subdirectory of your Digikam collection
on the MacBook, and let Digikam find them.
- transfer your images to an intermediate directory and import from there into
Digikam.

Sorry, I don't know the (dis)advantages of those methods.

Remco