[digiKam-users] People thumbnail not zoomed to face?

AdamWu Adam_5Wu at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 2 21:10:44 BST 2019

I removed all databases and rebuilt again, and found a possible pattern: It
seems the thumbnail view is "confused" between the picture thumbnail and the
face thumbnail.

That is, the thumbnail view only displays *either* the picture thumbnail,
*or* the face thumbnail.

In my previous attempt, I used maintenance tool to rebuild thumbnail first,
then detect face, therefore the picture thumbnail is generated first, so all
face thumbnails just use the picture thumbnail instead.

In my current attempt, after adding albums, I immediately did detect face,
then all face thumbnail are correct (zoomed and centered). But when I switch
to the Albums view, funny thing happen -- some of the picture thumbnails
became replaced with the face thumbnail!

But the mysterious things is that, not all picture suffered the problem.

Anyone else can reproduce my problem? I am using sqlite3 database.