[digiKam-users] Digkam 6.1.0 and alter not open on Windows 10

Helge helge.lawrenz at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 07:35:45 BST 2019

Hi, I'm new with digikam and download 6.1.0 (at the time the latest version).
After a fresh installation on my 64bit windows 10 machine it would not open
and I would not get any messages. Although, I could see the app in task
manger at 0% CPU and 10.1 MB memory. I could open multiple instances with
the same result, same for

I  uninstalled 6.1.0 and installed 6.0.0, which opened alright with no
issues. Now that version 6.2.0 came out I installed 6.2.0 but unfortunately
I experience the same issue as I did with 6.1.0.
I tried the windows Debugviewer, but no entry at all when I start digikam
6.2.0.

Any idea? I really don't want to go back to 6.0.0.