[digiKam-users] Avoid full rescan if a network collection isn't available?

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 14:14:50 BST 2019

No I do not have a local collection on that laptop.But the folder where I mount my NAS is empty if the NAS is not available...Is there a better way to connect to SAMBA share on Linux?Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Remco Viëtor <remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr> Date: 2019-10-21  10:55 p.m.  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: Re: [digiKam-users] Avoid full rescan if a network collection isn't available? On mardi 22 octobre 2019 02:13:07 CEST Andrey Goreev wrote:> For some reason the collection was marked as 'local'. I am not sure how did> that happen. I am pretty positive I chose 'network' when was adding it.I> changed the type of the collection to 'network' now and am adding it to the> database again. Let's see if that helps.However,  the NAS is mounted into> my /home/user/Pictures directory.Is it going to be a problem?Do you have a local collection there as well? Then that might be a problem.Also keep in mind Maik's remark about the mount point not being empty.Remco