[digiKam-users] Avoid full rescan if a network collection isn't available?

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 01:13:07 BST 2019

For some reason the collection was marked as 'local'. I am not sure how did that happen. I am pretty positive I chose 'network' when was adding it.I changed the type of the collection to 'network' now and am adding it to the database again. Let's see if that helps.However,  the NAS is mounted into my /home/user/Pictures directory.Is it going to be a problem?Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Maik Qualmann <metzpinguin at gmail.com> Date: 2019-10-21  11:37 a.m.  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: Re: [digiKam-users] Avoid full rescan if a network collection isn't available? And the collection was/is registered as a network collection in digiKam? Normally, digiKam would not clean up the database. However, there must be no folder or file in the mount path, otherwise digiKam assumes that the network collection is mounted.MaikAm Montag, 21. Oktober 2019, 16:43:57 CEST schrieb Andrey Goreev:> Forgot to add:> I am usung the latest digikam 6.3.0 from KDE Neon repo.> > Thanks,> Andrey> > On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 8:43 AM Andrey Goreev <aegoreev at gmail.com> wrote:> > Hello,> > > > I forgot to run my "mount -t cifs..." command after reboot and started> > digiKam.> > Since the network collection was not available looks like digiKam removed> > it from the database. I mounted the folder and restarted digiKam but seems> > like it is re-scanning and re-adding the whole collection now which is> > going to take few hours.> > > > I am wondering if there is a way to keep network collections in the> > database despite their current (un)availability.> > > > Any ideas would be appreciated.> > > > Thanks,> > Andrey