[digiKam-users] Support for AWS Rekognition

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Mon Oct 21 06:30:07 BST 2019

On dimanche 20 octobre 2019 22:55:55 CEST tb582 wrote:
> Yes - AWS allows you to upload local byte streamed encrypted files for
> analysis- no storage on their servers, analysis is done, image is purged and
> you get all the good data.

Who guarantees that purging?
And even if they purge the images, what about the results of the analysis? I'd
expect those results to be a lot more interesting for Amazon, especially since
the results are linked to a user account. And they carefully avoid mentioning
analysis results when they talk about "content processed".

Oh, and it's a paying service, requiring registration. Not necessarily a
problem if you think it's useful, but would have been nice to see it
mentioned...

For me, no thanks. (I don't need face recognition, and I doubt the service is
precise enough for my wants).

Remco